=== Guest Biography ===
Malaysian pianist Dr. Bernard Tan graduated with a Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) degree in collaborative piano from University of Michigan, USA, under the tutelage of the world-renowned Martin Katz. He previously resided in Birmingham, United Kingdom, where he graduated with Master of Music with Distinction from the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, under the tutelage of Robin Bowman and Jan Loeffler. His playing has been remarked as having "technical excellence and fluency, original approach to interpretation and highly developed sense of ensemble playing" by Russian concert pianist, Mikhail Kazekevich.
Dr. Tan has won numerous prizes, awards, and fellowships for his work as a pianist. In the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, he was awarded the John Ireland Accompanist Prize, second prize in the Delia Hall Accompanist Prize, and highly-commended pianist in both the Edward Brooks Lieder and English Songs Prizes, and the Stuart Cameron French Song Prize. He was also a recipient of the Denis Matthew Memorial Trust and Malcolm John Bullock Memorial Trust Award. Bernard won the inaugural Hester Dickson full scholarship award to Oxenfoord International Summer School in 2016, led by the renowned pianist Malcolm Martineau. His work as an opera répétiteur has seen him appointed as an opera coach in productions in Italy, Canada, UK and USA. Bernard is also a regular coach in Veneto Opera Summer School in Italy. He is a member of Verbunkos Trio and the group has won the Birmingham Town Hall Symphony Prize which awarded them a recital opportunity in the prestigious venue.
Bernard is also a passionate music educator. He started teaching as a teenager and has since devoted his time to developing his teaching philosophy not only in piano playing, but also in coaching singers. As a specialist in vocal music, he has coached numerous singers in competitions, opera productions and recitals. Praised for having "an admirable physiological setup" by British pianist Robin Bowman, Bernard is known in his piano teaching to emphasise on technique as a foundation for expressive playing. One of his highlights is guiding a pianist in his 70s to perform a full-length piano recital. Bernard has also given masterclasses at University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Kuala Lumpur City Opera, and Opera Emporio in the UK. His constant work with pianists and singers alike has led him to be described as a "knowledgeable and enthusiastic coach" by soprano Dr. Rose Mannino.
Bernard holds both the Licentiate Diplomas in Piano Performance from Trinity College London and Royal Schools of Music, LTCL and LRSM. He was the pianist in Malaysian Philharmonic Youth Orchestra (MPYO) from 2013-2015, performing under the baton of Kevin Field and Fabian Russell as an orchestra pianist and as a chamber pianist in Dewan Filharmonik Petronas (DFP).
Come enjoy the live music performance by the two Dr at The Space, Level 2, Menara KEN TTDI on Saturday, 10th of October 2020.
LIKE our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/musicianslinkage
FOLLOW our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/musicianslinkage.official
**SEATING LAYOUT** (RMCO Settings)
- People who are classified as Patient Under Investigation / Person Under Surveillance by the Ministry of Health are not allowed to attend events.
- Anyone who registers a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius will not be allowed to enter the event space.
- All participants have to be registered through MySejahtera app. For those without a smartphone, they are to be registered manually.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided for participants to disinfect their hands.
- Participants are required to have face masks on throughout the event.
• Each purchase comes with one (1) entry pass.
• Seating is on a first come first serve basis.
• Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
• You will receive a QR code upon the confirmation of your purchase from Peatix. This QR code will be needed in order to enter the venue.
• Your QR code is retrievable on iOS and Android devices, or on your web browser upon purchase confirmation from Peatix.
• DO NOT upload or share a photo of your QR code with anyone or on any of your social media platforms to avoid fraud or duplication.
• Each QR code can only be used once. If the QR code has already been scanned once, it will no longer be valid.
• Please ensure that all parties are present before entering the venue using your QR code.
- The event description was updated. Diff#755799 2020-09-29 09:50:51
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM MYT
VIP SOLD OUT RM50.00 Standard SOLD OUT RM30.00
- Venue Address
- 37, Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Musicians Linkage91 Followers